Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Its Advent Right?

  So to begin, I am just going to say that this blog will inevitably offend someone who reads it.  I am going to talk hope.  We end the Church season of hope this week, and this thought just kept coming into my mind all throughout this season.  I thoroughly enjoy politics on the whole.  I find the tension very interesting, and so I was looking back on the year and something that kept coming up was hope.  Of course as I type that, I see the multi-colored Obama face with hope written under it plastered on the back of an SUV.  So let me talk hope.
  Throughout the election of 2008, Barack Obama repeatedly talked about hope during the election.  Which was horribly ironic from how I saw things.  I, at the time, did not see things as very hopeful then, and I sure do not see them as hopeful now.  What hope was Barack Obama talking about?  The hope of killing off ALL of our children?  The hope of the future generations having to deal with a rapidly increasing National Debt?  The hope that the word marriage can just be thrown in between any two people's names?  I don't know about you, but none of this seems hopeful.  As a health care bill comes into law, that will most likely contain ample funding for abortions, I feel hopeless as the best efforts of the pro-life community are for nothing.  I see we are in a hopeless time, yet we are in the season of hope.  What a paradox!  But then I got around to thinking more about true hope.
  Through that entire paragraph of reflection, I never once mentioned what true hope is.  True hope, to me, is that no matter how hard it gets, no matter how hard the darkness of the world tries to snuff out the light, we have Jesus Christ, the true light.  We have the great Virgin Mary, the true Ark of the Covenant. Just as the Hebrews carried the Ark into battle with them, we must take the new Ark as well.  This is hope.  The hope that we cannot lose.  We have true truths.  We have true power.  We have the will to win.  We have the hope to continue the fight no matter what happens.  This is the hope we have as we wait for the coming of the Christ child.  We wait in hopeful prayer that with the coming of Christ, comes the dawning of a new age of life.  As I see the darkest dark clouding today's world, I see the brightest light just over the horizon.  In this true season of hope, let us show that our hope lies not in things that concern this world, but in Christ.  And through Christ, our hope in the world can be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment